"Look at other websites for inspiration."
What is Web Design?
Web Design is...
... not just about the looks.
... not just about fonts and colors.
... researching user behavior.
... laying out pages thoughtfully and logically.
... brand building with fonts and colors. ☺
Why Design Matters
... ease of use.
... user trust.
... conversion rates.
Web Design Begins
Before Site Building
Establish your website's goal
- Sell a product or service
- Establish an audience
- Build a community
Ensure that your goals benefit your audience.
- Showcase works and shooting style
- Build a portfolio with various photo types (portraits, landscapes, etc)
- Display skills in composition and attention to detail
- Make a personal connection with potential clients
- Visually-driven design
Fitness Training Website
- Display results and testimonials of your programs
- Demonstrate knowledge about fitness and health (blogging, ebooks, newsletters)
- Make sign ups easy and welcoming
- Make recipes easy to find with good search function
- Encourage users to try new recipes with good pictures
- Add recipe cards for quick reference
- Enable reviews and ratings
- Showcase products
- Add detailed photos
- Provide good copy
- Easy checkout process
What does this mean for you?
If you're a DIY-er: you have a better idea of what theme to choose.
If you hired a developer: you can better communicate what you want out of the site.
Better conversions ☺